Monday, March 7, 2016

What is this and why?

With this blog, family and friends (and Friends!) can share their thoughts and remembrances of dear Theresa.  It was requested that this be created for that sharing.
To make a comment on this or any posts in this blog doesn't require anything special, but comments can not have pictures or other attachments.
A new "Post" can have pictures, etc. but making a post requires that you be an "author".  Let me know by email (hardy.chas.ed@gmail.com) that you want to make a new post and I'll make you authorized to do that.

On any post, click on the "Comments" word below the post if the comments are not already showing.  That will allow you to see what others have written and create a comment yourself.

It will ask if you want to be identified by an existing account (Google, Blogspot, AIM, etc) or use "Anonymous". If you choose "Anonymous" please let us know who you are in the text of your comment.

If you come here just to see what has been posted, you also click "Comments" if they are not already displaying.

RIP Peace Lady.

6 comments:

  1. This comment is created to test the procedure described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve FitzgibbonMarch 8, 2016 at 1:40 AM

    Thank you for creating this space for sharing and remembering about Theresa. At her memorial on March 6, 2016, at the Quaker Trenton Friends Meeting, Theresa's friend Joe Pitonyak(sp?) asked me to read a prayer during the memorial. After Theresa died, Joe found this in the things she kept next to her, alongside her bed where she spent her last days. Here is that prayer:

    PRAYER OF THOMAS MERTON

    My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that as I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

    (from Genny, Theresa's niece)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a hole in Trenton left by the loss of a special lady. You showed us how to live, Theresa, and how to pass to the next realm as you lived - exuding peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give peace a chance. Love conquers all. Theresa's resourcefulness in words and deeds will forever continue to be an inspiration to me.

    Barbara Vadnais, TMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always admired Theresa and was inspired by her. She was amazing, with all those long peace walks and other activism.
    A well deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found this and am greatly saddened. Theresa was a longtime friend and comrade-in-peace. May her journey be joyous.

    ReplyDelete